Sitting or Standing All Day?
ARE YOU SITTING ALL DAY?
- Are you sat at a desk for four hours or more a day?
- Do you feel tension in your neck and shoulders?
- Do you suffer from headaches, or lower back pain?
- Stiffness in your lower limbs?
A lack of good posture, day after day, will gradually cause detrimental shifts in the balance of the curvatures of the spine. Sitting incorrectly, working at a desk that isn’t appropriately set-up or simply working with a keyboard, can lead to many different issues including;
- Chronic tension in the upper back
- Neck and shoulder pain
- Lower back discomfort
- Stiffness in the hips
- Repetitive strain injuries
ARE YOU STANDING ALL DAY?Photographers, teachers, factory workers, bar staff, builders: so many professions require us to stand for long periods of time, combined frequently with heavy lifting, or repetitive movements that place undue strain on different aspects of the body.
Whether you are static in your movement, for example hairdressers or chefs; or in constant motion as a builder or a waitress would be, you are creating patterns in your body that can lead to chronic tension and subsequent disfunction.
This can result in acute and chronic lower back pain and disorders and chronic tension in the lower limbs affecting;
- Upper back and shoulder discomfort
HOW WE CAN HELP YOU...
- Postural assessment
- Expert diagnosis and treatment
- Tailored exercise program
- Ergonomic advice
- Products for further support and prevention